Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Welcome Conley Evans

We welcomed Conley Evans into the world on Sunday, December 12th at 7:15 a.m. He weighed in at 7 lbs, 7 oz & was 19 inches long. As many of you know, we were planning to go in Sunday night to be induced, but Conley had a different plan. Saturday night about 10:00 p.m. I started feeling some contractions and told Dent something was happening, but told him not to stress and go to sleep while I did some last minute things around the house. Not much time passed and we were headed out the door to the hospital! We arrived and they did some monitoring and checking and then decided I could go home because the baby was just moving down and I was in some pain. SO...back home we came about 12:00ish and after some medicine and 2 baths because I could NOT sleep, I woke Dent up once again and said, "I am NOT doing this all night...something is happening!" Now, the time is about 3:30 and we are headed back to the hospital. This time...something was FOR SURE happening as I was dilated to a "4" and Conley was coming. My only request was some "DRUGS" before the delivery happened. Well...Conley decided to come too fast and by the time DRUGS were attempted, I was dilated to a "10" and the pushing began. As my Mom left the room to get Dent (did I mention Dent doesn't do well in the hospital setting and the sight of needles is NOT for him), she mentioned no drugs and Dent said, "What? You have to be kidding me!" Dent entered the room and gave me a sweet kiss and then final stages began. I am thankful for my sweet hubby (who's hand is probably STILL numb from me squeezing it) and precious Mom who helped me fight the pain to get Conley here. After only 15 minutes of pushing...he was here and "YES" I survived! I guess I earned my "TRUE WOMAN" status this weekend! LOL!!! WHEW...makes me tired just recapping my Sunday morning, but it was worth every pain, push, and stitch! We are so THANKFUL for a healthy baby boy and thank GOD for our sweet little family!!!

Another side note: My doctor, Dr. McGaughy, was out of town until Sunday night (which that is why we chose Sunday night to be induced)...so Dr. Mann delivered my baby. We know Dr. Mann quite well as we go to church together, I work with his wife at school, and Dent has grown up with his kids. Once Conley arrived, Dr. Mann asked if I would be in Sunday school in a few hours. He gave us a good laugh. I am proud to say Dr. Mann DID make it to church (I'm sure a little tired) and introduced our great news to our church family. Delivering in a small town is great...we knew the nurses, doctors, and staff quite well and they treated us wonderfully. One of my nurses even brought me a plate of Christmas goodies to spoil us. It was delicious! The night-time nurse, Jyme, spoiled Conley each night, since he was the only one in the nursery. She would always ask for a change of clothes so he could be dressed in his best to come see me in the mornings after his bath. This morning...he arrived with his hair spiked! :0) It was just precious!!!

Welcome Conley Evans!!! Big Sister Adlee was there to witness his first cry from outside the hospital door. Dent brought her in just minutes later and she wasn't too sure about everything, but after Conley was all cleaned and in the nursery...the LOVE began!
 Look at those chubby cheeks and legs! Pure SWEETNESS!
 Our first family of "4" picture!
 Proud PaPa and MeMe (AKA: COACH):-)
 Proud Daddy with his son...This picture is one of my favorites!
 Boba and Poppy beaming with PRIDE!
 I'm a "BIG SISTER"...My two sweet kiddos!
Conley sporting his first Camo outfit!!!
 So relaxed and ready to go home!!!
 Heading home...What a sweet BLESSING sent from above!
 My lil' Snuggle-Bug...I love you sweet Conley!!!
The miracle of LIFE...it's simply AMAZING!!!

1 comment:

Aunt CC said...

OMG you did earn the Title of being a True Woman! Little Conley is to precious for words and CC cant wait to hold that bundle of joy. We love yall so much
XOXO
CC and Eric